Skip to main content

Slow progress is still progress


I know the thought of working out can be daunting especially if like me you'd never been inside a gym and your perception of the gym was tank top, muscles, gorgeous confident people everywhere. My other half worked in a gym for 10 years and was always trying get me over to train with him. The tought of it made me sweat. 🙈
   After been at home with children you lose your confidence and the ability to strick  up conversation with adults. So any where there's not kids you try to avoid. I know there's so many of you nodding your heads now in agreement with me.
  So when the opportunity came up to join a small morning class while the kids were in school, I swallowed my fears, I told myself you won't do it at home moaning about your flabby bits. It was nerve wrecking to say the least. But you know what it didn't kill me, it was the start of my baby steps. SMALL PROGRESS.
 The confidence started to build and I could feel myself becoming a happier person.
 We underestimate the power of exercise on the whole body not just the physical part. 

I even had enough confidence then to train with my partner, that's when things really changed. He really started to push me, he kept saying of course you can do this.

After a few months I noticed my waist getting tighter my bum getting smaller and my clothes getting bigger. I had dropped a size without even noticing.  It's a gradual process.
I went up on the scales but dropped inches so don't be weighing yourself everyday you will drive yourself mad.
Don't take the foot off either when you see small results put the foot down and push yourself more. Your body is able for greatness. If we push ourselves a little more each week the results will come for us.  It doesn't happen over night and we are all on different journeys at different stages in our lives so don't compare yourself to others. It's consistency in your training and above all clean eating combined, that will get you the results you want.
Work for it and it will come 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little about me

I started my fitness journey 2 years ago and it's the best thing I've ever  done. I was a stay at home mother to 3 children, and just needed an outlet, I was sick of complaining about my body and hating bits of it and wishing I was fitter. So I got stuck in and started training and running. I fell in love with every aspect of exercise, the feeling of satisfaction when you'd push yourself, the confidence you gain when you see your body changing and the health benefits too. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd come this far and I've Tough Mudder to thank for it. I completed my 1st tough mudder in 2015 and realising that yes I can do this I can push myself out of my comfort zone made me do so much more than I ever expected to do when I started working out. It's great to have an aim for fitness it makes it so much more fun. In the last two years I've taken on 2 tough mudders 1 hell & back 1 run a muck 1 white collar boxing event 2 half mara