Skip to main content

Lets talk Tough Mudder

So you've signed up for Tough Mudder and you're thinking, what have I done? Am I right. I was the very same my 1st year. I was so nervous and what made it worse was watching all the videos on you tube. I kept saying I won't be able to do that, but you know what I done every single one of them and so will you.
The atmosphere on the day is amazing there's nothing like it. There'll be so many people like you (Mudder virgins) and so many legionnaires who want nothing more than to help you on the course.
TM is not a race or a timed event it's all about the fun, completing a distance with crazy obstacles something you thought you'd never do and been proud of yourself and then boasting to your friends about!!!! So much that they join you next year.
Can anyone do Tough Mudder?
Yes they can you can walk the course as it's not timed.
But I'd recommend having a good level of fitness so you enjoy the day more.
If your not fit at all and would like to take part there's no time like the present to start jogging. Grab a friend to jog with. It's great to have a goal to work for.
Apps like map my run and runtastic are great for checking your distance and tracking your progress.
Who cares if your 1st run is a few k it's further than your previous one. It's all about small progress.
I myself train with a great team and trainer and run with them too, we like to make sure the course is easy on the day by training hard. But everyone tackles it totally different, so don't be put off thinking you can't do it because others are fitter.   It's all about having fun.
Follow our training on basefitnessireland fb and Instagram.
@iluvmymadras  on Instagram.
Check out ToughmudderIreland on fb for updates and training tips too.
Don't forget don't over think it, just enjoy it  if I can help you with anything just ask me. 

Comments

  1. Had such a brilliant day with basefitness we were so well trained we made easy work of it and we laughed our way through. Entirely uplifting experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little about me

I started my fitness journey 2 years ago and it's the best thing I've ever  done. I was a stay at home mother to 3 children, and just needed an outlet, I was sick of complaining about my body and hating bits of it and wishing I was fitter. So I got stuck in and started training and running. I fell in love with every aspect of exercise, the feeling of satisfaction when you'd push yourself, the confidence you gain when you see your body changing and the health benefits too. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd come this far and I've Tough Mudder to thank for it. I completed my 1st tough mudder in 2015 and realising that yes I can do this I can push myself out of my comfort zone made me do so much more than I ever expected to do when I started working out. It's great to have an aim for fitness it makes it so much more fun. In the last two years I've taken on 2 tough mudders 1 hell & back 1 run a muck 1 white collar boxing event 2 half mara